We spent the night driving, only about 13 hours and considering it went really smoothly, the kids slept most of the time. I think they were only up a total of about 3 hours the whole trip down there, coming home a different story. We expected to encounter high gas prices but the most we saw was 3.83 a gallon and that was right on the beach. We even got gas for 3.53 a bargain with prices the way they are. In fact the most expensive was when we arrived back in Ohio 4.00 a gallon.
Of course I had to stop at the border, such a tourist thing to do. It was incredibly bright and the kids are squinting but I got the picture. This is our first real vacation as a family and I wanted to document every bit of it that I could. The kids will one day look back and appreciate all the fun things we did.
Once we got there we took a little rest, went to visit my grandparents(my moms parents) then we hit the beach. I couldn't wait to take the kids out to see the ocean for the first time. They loved it. Garrett's reaction was quite different then Madison's she took right off to the waves and the sand, Garrett well the look on his face explained it all he was quite perplexed by the whole thing. But as soon as he figured it out he was in the waves and using his shovel and bucket to pick up the sand and the shells. He loved to dig his toes int he sand as the wave came up and washed over his feet.
The water wasn't as clear and beautiful as the rest of the trip, because they had a storm the day before that churns up the waters.
The weather was beautiful and honestly I couldn't believe it didn't rain one time we were there. The weather was in the 85 to 90 range, the water was warm and the skies were clear and beautiful.
4 comments:
Glad you had fun and made it home safely. Gas prices are really putting a damper on things. Something needs to change. We are all going to be hermits before long.
Your trip looks sooo fun. Glad you got good gas prices overall. We need to see you guys again soon!
glad you are safe and home!
I just got finished reading about your Florida adventures. It sounds like a wonderful trip. And although we have the beach here in GA and pretty warm water, it is nothing compared to the white sand beaches and really warm water on the gulf coast.
Post a Comment