Friday, March 14, 2008

What a mess





Well the snow from last week has all melted and with the melt brought a lake of mud in parts of our backyard. We were out taking advantage of warmer weather =) and cleaning up limbs and stuff when I turn around and Garrett was in the mud, like it was avoidable he is a boy. Pretty soon I here, "stuck....me.....stuck....out" Garrett is completely stuck in the mud, Madison goes over and to help Garrett get his feet out and she gets mud on her leg, the world begins to unfold. I told her to basically suck it up it is just mud and we are taking a bath when we are done. Moments later I turn around and Madison is stomping in the mud. What I thought was funny was here she is in her pink dress, which she insisted on wearing and stomping in the mud. I can't wait to get grass in again and fix what the effects of having snow sit on the lawn all winter has done. We have a lot of work ahead of us.

6 comments:

Keri said...

What a mess. I remember well when our yard was a horrible mud pit, but our sod has taken care of that, thank goodness. Love the pink dress playing the mud!

Libby said...

What a mess. Be glad that the snow is gone and that warmer days are ahead.

pam said...

Not in the dress!!! Glad you can let loose and have some fun.

Anonymous said...

I did - O Pam... and white shoes - that's a nightmare to clean up!

Rolyndia said...

What fun!!! Something my three would do in a heartbeat. We have SO MUCH SNOW that there is no grass or mud in sight. It has snowed the last two days, but thank goodness it has not stuck to what is already here.

I am still working on my pictures of what I do all day. I will hopefully post them soon.

heidi said...

oh man! that is a mess!