Sunday, March 09, 2008

Let it snow! Let it snow!



In the last 24 hours we have received record snow fall!It snowed and snowed and well just kept coming down. The kids love it, although it is beautiful I am hoping this is just winters last big fight and spring is on its way. The news is saying most places got between 13-16 inches of snow, the prediction before the storm in our area was 6-10 inches. We took a measurement at about 9 inches but ehn it snowed for 5 more hours and at times we were getting an inch to 2 in a hour. For Garrett it was fun for about 10 minutes and then when you asked him if he liked it he would say, "it cold" I agree with him. Madison made snow angels and this snow was perfect for it I just I wish I could have gotten up higher to take a picture after she got up, it looked amazing. Annie had fun running around like she was a crazy dog. Dave got to shovel us out, thanks to our amazing neighbor who was out earlier with his snow blower, so for Dave it wasn't so bad. He even did behind our garage door so when the time comes we can get out.

Our county was on a level 3 snow emergency which means if you are on the roads you will receive a ticket and face prosecution, crazy huh! Everything was shut down, so we stayed inside watched movies, played and just spent the last 24+ hours together as a family. Church is canceled today so we have another day just to spend together, maybe this is Heavenly Fathers' way of making us slow down and enjoy what we have within the walls of our own homes.

4 comments:

Janae said...

Wow, we're glad we weren't one of the counties not allowed to drive! It has been nice to relax, I agree. Is your pink eye better then? This way you got to stay home and recover too!

heidi said...

wow, that's so crazy, that is a LOT of snow. and some great pictures you got too!

Teresa said...

It's so hard for me to think of that much snow- weird! stay safe and warm- We are suppost to be in the 70's today- sorry :[

pam said...

What! its suppose to be spring now, that is too much snow for this time of year, but I'm sure by summer and when I'm tired of all that weed pulling in my garden I will wish the ground was covered with snow.