Thursday, January 24, 2008

Update


Garrett is much better, Madison came down with a similar eye infection the next day so we had to do eye drops on both kids. Madison was so good about it she would lay down and help pull her bottom eye lid down. Garrett got better and by the last 2 days would actually lay still. The air purifier seems to be working really well in his room. The coughing it so much better almost no existent most days and nights.
We are back to Madison having a really tough time sleeping in her own room. She says she will have nightmares and cries at night, last night she was up til almost midnight, we usually have them in bed by 7:30 - 8:00. I am so tempted to take the naps away, but she falls asleep most days, doesn't that mean she needs the sleep? And I don't know if this is the issue, she is so exhausted on days without naps that it could go either way. So she ends up in our bed up and down throughout the night. This weekend I think we are switching her room, and maybe this will help. It is closer to us and maybe that is the issue. She says she hears noises in her room but I have yet to hear them? I hope this will work itself out! I need some sleep!


On a different note, Madison was dressing up and this is the outfit she came up with. Strange I know!

7 comments:

Janae said...

I wish I had advice, but we're going through the same things with Aubrey. She's now sharing rooms with Zach and wakes up on occasion not wanting to go back to sleep. You could try waking her up after 45 min or an hour of her naptime so she doesn't sleep too long. Glad they're getting better overall.

Rolyndia said...

Sounds like she still needs her naps, but maybe like Janae said shorten her naps and maybe moving her closer will help her sleep better so you get some sleep. So know what you are going through.

I love Madison's outfit, very orignal.

Keri said...

Glad you kids are beginning to get better. You're lucky Madison still takes naps. Janae's advice on shortening them might be good, though. I sure hope you can get some sleep. I feel your pain!

Libby said...

Ashlee didn't sleep through the night until she was 4 1/2 years old. I feel for you. We found that a CD player with a CD of her choice on continuous play seemed to help. Maybe you can try that. It seems to help drown out any other noises they may hear. Hang in there. I didn't ever think I was going to sleep through a night again.

Anonymous said...

I was a lucky blessed mommy my kids like to sleep.. but you need your sleep maybe take naps with the kids if they take naps. smile might help,,,

pam said...

She looks pretty scarey, but funny!

pam said...

She looks pretty scarey, but funny!