
We had a great New Years too we got to celebrate with Bryan and Buffy and Missy and John. Along with all the kids; Noah, Bryce, Jackson, Daniel, Madison, Garrett, and Blake. We had so much fun and even let the kids stay up until midnight to ring in the new year with them, not something we normally do. We had good food, games and fun glasses and noise makers at midnight. Garrett took an instant fascination with the 2008 glasses. Madison loved the noise makers and boy were they loud. The kids counted down to the ball dropping and got really excited.Garrett really loved it, this was a holiday season of a lot of first for him and he was completely in love! Madison hung out with her favorite friends, Blake her cousin she is usually close by when he is around, she loves and adores him. And I got my New Years kiss!

We even stayed the night, the kids were up extra early, and we had breakfast, omelets in a Ziploc bag. You should try it delicious, no dirty pans, and everyone can make their own and put what they want in it. They make the most perfect little omelets, I know I had fun making it. Garrett chowed on the turkey bacon since no eggs for him. I am not really sure why pictures of Madison are few and far between could have been cause she was having way to much fun playing with her friends!

OMELETS FOR A CROWD
6 large eggs
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 to 3 re-seal able plastic freezer bags
Add-Ins (all are optional): Shredded Cheddar Crumbled feta Shredded mozzarella Cooked and crumbled bacon Cooked and crumbled sausage Diced ham Chopped bell peppers Chopped spinach Diced red onion Diced tomatoes Sauteed sliced mushrooms Sliced black olives
In a medium mixing bowl whisk together eggs, salt, pepper and any of the desired add-ins. Divide and pour the egg mixture into re-seal able plastic bags.
Boil a large pot of water and drop in the sealed omelet bags.
Boil a large pot of water and drop in the sealed omelet bags.
Simmer the bags for 5 to 8 minutes.
Remove bags from the water with tongs and drain them on a paper towel lined plate.
Allow to cool slightly before handling.
Allow to cool slightly before handling.
Open the bags and pour the cooked omelet out onto a plate.





3 comments:
Interesting way to make an omelette, especially if everyone wants something different in theirs. Thanks for sharing!
cool eye glasses - you are to much fun... going to call ya about the addresses and dates you asked for a while ago...chat soon
Wow!! I would never have thought of cooking an omlet in a baggie. I thought we had a busy Christmas, but I think you guys topped us. I love the pictures.
Post a Comment