Sunday, April 05, 2009

A cute boys Birthday

Garrett had a little birthday party today. Friends and Family came to celebrate the special little boy. This boy is loved and very spoiled by many! He called the shots today, the cutest was when he wanted to open his "prizes" i.e. presents. The he asked everyone if they wanted to eat cake.
We even had a pinata, which is something we have always done on their birthdays.

The cake of course had to be speed racer, and this mom had to complete the task. I must say I need to take a class on fondant (secretly this stuff scares me). The cake would have been been better, I carved out the cake but after putting the icing on you couldn't see all the details, fondant would have definitely helped. But Garrett was happy and that is all that matters.



He received some great gifts, many of his favorite things. He is really gotten into batman lately and Madison and Mckenzie got him this dress up outfit, should have known what was coming. I mean really he was on the chair! Logical way off is to jump to the bean bag.



He is our cute little man! I can't wait to see what the next year brings us. This last year has been fun with trips to the ER and a stay int he hospital. The biggest change was watching him grow up and learn so many new things. He is a smart kid, finds a way to get what he wants, new words, questions and answers.

We love you Garrett! Hope you had a great party day!

7 comments:

Kory Jane said...

Are you sure he wasn't superman? I love the diving onto the bean bag chair. I am a little jealous ( ok a lot jealous) of your cake skills. Mine are just the nice 9x13 and most of the time they look horrible. If we still lived next door I would have you make all my cakes for me...aw that brings back good memories.

Lewis said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY
WE will see you Friday

pam said...

I think your cake turn out great, I could never do it. Mckenzie is a cutie.

heidi said...

he looks adorable, glad he had a great birthday!

Anonymous said...

looks like someone had fun happy birthday

Libby said...

Looks like a great party. The cake looks great too.

Rolyndia said...

I can't believe he is 3 already. Rod is excited to see you guys next weekend, wish we all could come with him.

Fondant is super easy and you will love it.

McKenzie is adorable, I wish I could hold her.

Hope you are doing great.