Thursday, April 03, 2008

Happy Birthday Garrett

Today is the official day Garrett is 2!




This year has flew by in fact the last 2 years have flown by, seems only yesterday that we were at the hospital welcoming Garrett into our family in a rather traumatic way. He has grown stronger everyday and amazes us with the abilities he has learned and the love he brings to our family. He is definitely our strong willed child. He can jump, run, crawl and hide with the best of them. Garrett started off the year not saying a word, although not everyone understands him he is learning new words everyday and is starting to really put words together. He calls Madison Sissy, which I think is so cute. Even with all the allergies he has been presented with he doesn't complain, just goes about and does what he needs too. We have been concentrating and practicing with him the major foods he can't eat.
When Garrett wants to talk to you if your don't pay attention to him he will progressively get louder until you hear him. He is so full of energy! We wouldn't change it for a minute! Knowing that we could have lost him and he wouldn't be with us right now makes us truly appreciate everyday with him and with Madison. This next year we look forward to even more changes in Garrett and more opportunities to learn and grow from him.
We love you Garrett!
Pretty much this sums up the last year for us!

7 comments:

Teresa said...

Happy Day- Little guy- love the "Tee"

Keri said...

Happy birthday, Garrett! I love his orange shirt...I think all kids should come with one. :)

Rolyndia said...

Happy Birthday Big Guy. I can't believe you are two already. Hope you are feeling better and I need three of your orange shirts, very cute!!

Libby said...

happy Birthday Garrett. Love the shirt.

Janae said...

You sure do impress me, that you cleaned the floor when you could've relaxed! Way to go. Seems like yesterday when Garrett was born...Happy Birthday to him!

Hillman Family said...

Happy Birthday Garrett!We love your shirt (I think we need 2 of them at our house!) Love you all.
The Hillmans

Anonymous said...

you can sure come up with some fun thing - tee - that's super neat I think I should get that Tee for Elisha's kids