We are starting to see the light with Garrett. Although it may be 7-10 days before he completely recovers he is getting better and returning to his old self. He has gained about 1/2 pound back which is a move in the right direction. For now we are giving him probiotic drops to help his intestines recover from the bad bacteria and get the good bacteria back in. Because of his allergies, basically the foods that contain the probotics he can't eat so we are going to supplement them for now. The Dr said he may take a little longer to recover because of this.
I am so glad that we have good pediatricians who will actually listen to the concerns, and their policy is if you feel something is wrong then bring them in. Usually your gut feeling is the correct feeling. Obviously though i see this kid everyday, I would hope I would know when things are not quite right.
For now I am enjoying not continually having to wash his blankets, sheets and clothes. I am sure our water bill will be outrageous this month. I am thankful that for 24 hours he has only had one bath.
Here is to healthier holidays! We have a lot of organizing and going through to do this holiday season and well I need healthy kids to get that done.
4 comments:
Glad to hear he is doing better. Hopefully the rest of you will not get it.
Looks like his simple prayer is being answered! Hopefully things will continue in the right direction.
Glad he is doing better
poor guy! I just read about your hospital stay. That's awful to have it coming out both ends! I hope he is feeling better soon.
Post a Comment