Monday, February 04, 2008

It was getting easy

I was getting used to the idea that my kids would actually sleep through the night the majority of the nights. Oh how I was wrong! Garrett is at it again, a little disclaimer, Madison is doing great in her new room she loves it. So this post is about Garrett, oh how we love him but I am getting tired! He sleeps great for the first say 4 hours and around midnight, he is up and down, crying and whinning, going in his sisters room, etc. So because I am so tired I have brought him in bed with us some of these nights, bad idea, he pushes me off the bed, we have a king size, he toses and turns sits up in bed and will get in my face and say, "juice juice" which means he wants milk(which if you get it for him instead of drinking a little bit, he will drink the whole thing in a matter of 5 minutes) One of the past nights I must have been really tired after putting him to bed a few times the next thing I know is there is a little boy standing next to me with his cup off the counter and his rice milk in hand shoving it in my face! Uggghhhh! I am not sure what the newest non sleeping nights mean, hopefully just a phase, but this is going on night #6! I pray he sleeps tonight, this reminds me of pre surgery sleep! As I write this I just heard him start crying!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

so sorry about sleepless nights...and I have to say they sure show high energy send some my way--- smile.

Kory Jane said...

I am so sorry Diantha. My nephew has the same issue. She just had a baby three weeks ago and she never sleeps. I guess this is where the locking them in their room at night works best for us. We have done it for so long, that we don't have to lock the doors anymore. I hope that you get it straightened out.

Teresa said...

Yikes- hope it ends soon- I feel for you!

Rolyndia said...

Sorry to hear Garrett is at it again with the no sleep. Hope he sleeps great for you tonight and you get some needed sound sleep also.

Miss ya!!

Keri said...

Oh, my! I like the idea of locking him in his room. We've had to do that with Sydney some until she learned. I sure hope he can get his sleep figured out & you can get some rest!

heidi said...

oh man! i wish i knew how to help but good look, i'm sorry

Anonymous said...

it'll all stop when they move out...... that what your dad would say

Janae said...

I'm so so sorry. I don't know how us moms do it with no sleep. I just pray that eventually Garrett will figure it out!

Anonymous said...

tell your parents get with the program, again