Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Letting Go

School bag in hand
She leaves home in the early morning
Waving Goodbye
With an absent-minded smile
I watch her go
With a surge of that well-known sadness
And I have to sit down for awhile
The feeling that I'm losing her forever
And without really entering her world
I'm glad whenever I can share her laughter
That funny little girl.
(Slipping Through my Fingers)


Yesterday Madison went to Kindergarten, the very first day! Where have the last five years gone? We are happy to let her go and explore the world, although scary she needs to have the life lessons and experience that we all need growing up, the experiences that define who we will become in life.
She was so excited! Dave took the day off work to be able to go and take her to kindergarten and pick her up. We got up and got ready and we took her to breakfast, a special day just for her. She goes to school from 12:30 til 3:05 everyday. Madison has her own locker in the classroom, a photo id card, and a chair to call her own. The first day was a day of mixed emotions she really didn't get very comfortable with the class, and said she didn't meet any new friends...but I think getting the new kids accustomed to school took the whole time. She can't wait to go today, she said she likes her teacher and it was fun, although she did say, all I did was color.=) Here is to many more successful days in school.
Garrett on a side note was sad the whole time, he couldn't wait for Madison to come home and kept asking when can we pick her up?

11 comments:

Teresa said...

Oh, I remember those days- she looks adorable. I also love that song "slipping through my fingers"
I'm looking for the soundtrack.
Glad things went well.

Keri said...

Awww...I don't know if I'll be ready for that in a year. Good luck Madison. Where has the time gone?

Kara said...

SHe's so cute and so grown up. I can't believe it. I understand the anxiety though. Emma changes so fast and time flies so quickly that is gets a little sad.

Missy, John, Noah, Jackson, and Daniel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Missy, John, Noah, Jackson, and Daniel said...

Madison looks adorable! Sooooo cute!!! Time flies so quickly doesn't it? I love that song from Mamma Mia! I cried during the movie, and every time I hear it I get teary! I wish they had a song like that for Mothers & Sons. Well, that one makes me cry, so maybe I'm glad they DON'T have one that I know about or I'd be blubbering all the time! LOl!

Lewis said...

Hey Madison
What a fun time in your life.Grandma and I love yall.See you soon

pam said...

Wow, hey are you getting older or what??? (joking) Don't blink because the next thing you know they will be in high school now that is scarey. But look at this now you have just free time with your little man.

Libby said...

She looks cute. Glad to hear she likes school. I sympathize with you. School now is not like school was in our day. Some days I feel like I am doing the wrong thing by sending my kids to school, but then I have to tell myself that we have all been through it.

Lewis said...

We are sooooo proud of Madison. Did you read "The Kissing Hand"?

Anonymous said...

love how happy she is looking in her cute outfit..

Hillman Family said...

Love that song, it's on Mamma Mia isn't it? Anyway, Madison looks adorable. Sydney is very curious about Madison's school and wants to know all about it. I think she has a hard time understanding that there are other schools besides hers!