Friday, July 25, 2008

Why



Oh why would she do such a thing. I went to the bathroom for just a few minutes and what walks into the bathroom, a smiling little boy. I knew something was up and he said, "sissy cut hair" First I thought she cut her hair. WRONG! She cut his hair, click on the picture. She cut his bangs, some on his right side by his ear and a chunk in the back. Later to find out she cut a little of hers too but it wasn't noticeable. Trying not to be mad and to sty calm I asked her why she did it, "because I wanted him to be cute." He is already cute. I asked if she knew what scissors were for and she said to cut paper...okay then why cut hair. No scissors for her for a while and after I told her that she said, "but how can I go to school if I can't use scissors?" Oh Madison you are too cute. I guess we all need learning adventures in life. The sad thing Garrett sat there still as can be and let her cut his hair.
I took him up stairs and got the clippers out usually we cut it with the number 8, I did a 6 and then a 4 and that is as low as I was going. His hair is a very light shade and well go any shorter and from a distance it looks like he doesn't have hair. You can still see it but it will just have to grow.

6 comments:

Libby said...

For some reason it seems as though almost every kid ends up cutting some hair with scissors. Ashlee cut her bangs and a cabbage patch kid. Luckily Mikayla hasn't done it yet (knock on wood). Be thankfully he's a boy and it can be easily corrected :)

pam said...

Hey my kids have done that, I think almost all of them have done it to them self or to each other. Get the hat out, that is what I had to do with one of my children, it was pretty bad.

Hillman Family said...

Oh,what fun! We have not had that adventure-- yet. But, I am sure it will happen. At least he is a boy! A little girl in our ward cut her bangs to the roots, it is awful and it has been awful for a LONG time! Good luck!

Rolyndia said...

So glad the kids have not done this to themselves or each other.

I love the spaghetti pictures. Would never have thought of that. Thanks for the idea.

Anonymous said...

there are many many stories out there about this very thing... kids experiencing with scissor. I has happened to my kids too even our grandson Qwade cut his sister's hair right to the head and she looked like a little boy for a long time up to a year. He cut her hair during the mid-night hours...just never know when it will happened...funny stuff!

Cissy said...

In the past three weeks (though she claims it all happened at once and it just took me that long to discover), my 5 1/2 year old has cut her own hair, butchered her American Girl knock-off's hair, shredded several small doll outfits, shorn a Polly Pocket's locks, and cut all--ALL--her Polly Pocket clothing to tiny rubber bits. She is ready for Kindergarten cutting projects.