Monday, April 16, 2007

HELP! HELP!



Okay so we going to paint the dining room in the house that we are living in(Dave's moms old house) . The chair rail is staying and so we are in need of two colors and a trim color.......we want to stay neutral but we what something that looks really good, this is the room you see when you walk in through the front door. There is only one window but it lets in a lot of light.......I want to feel peaceful and tranquil when i go in there, but also make a statement. You can scroll through paint colors at Lowe's or home depot online and just email or leave a comment with the name of the color. We have went on for about 2 weeks now looking through colors and never really deciding! HELP!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Teresa said...

Looks like you have your hands full!
I love restoration hardware colors. go on line to restorationhardware.com and in the search type in paint. They will send you color samples for free, or if you have a store close to you go there and get a paint chip- if you don't have a store close by I've taken a sample to Homedepot and try to find something close to it.
I love the "Silver Sage" I've used it before and it goes with just about any other color. If you used a cream colored trim color and then paint the walls "Silver Sage" that would look very relaxing but "New, and hip"
The other colors I like from restoration is "Flax Paint collection" it's a set of 3 colors of browns. I know you're probably thinking "Brown" but brown looks so classic and fresh with white trim. I painted Denver's room the dark chocolate brown with white trim {see my blog under Home "guest room #2"} Maybe you would like the middle brown for the walls, and the very light for the trim. Any combination would be good. I've used the "Silver Sage" in our guest cottage with white trim and black furniture{tables,shelves, etc.}- everyone that has seen it, loves that combination. Hope that gave you some things to think about.

Anonymous said...

i tried a while ago to leave a comment with an idea but for some reason the comment didn't connect or whatever.

anyway my thought was dark on bottom & a little lighter tone on top. i read teresas idean & i've seen all her rooms with the colors and they do look fabulous.

i don't know any colors but if i see something awesome i'll let you know

pam said...

How about a light tan and white trim, that always looks really nice.

Anonymous said...

many ideas out there... I did-o the comments before... I have this green color in our condo that when someone comes to our home they ask what color it is ... so here it's at Lowes...American Tradition Base 4 paint color(6006-4A La Fonda Wild West Grn) Interior semigloss