The baby food is done! It is BEAUTIFUL to look at, all the amazing colors that fresh fruits and veggies produce. There will be the occasional need for more baby food like bananas and avocados (yes, we are going to try it, read that they don't look appetizing after being frozen). More apples will be done I am sure. I have about 25 to 30 tablespoons of each variety. She is set, maybe even until she starts table food. (I just did the math on the low end that gives me 350 tablespoons of food!)
I may have spent 30 dollars at the most and that is being generous.
Amazingly it wasn't hard! Time consuming, but the majority of the food was either steamed or baked. The time consuming part was freezing in ice cube trays. The little individual ice cube wells hold 1 tablespoon of food.
The list includes:
Sweet Potatoes, Zucchini, Mango, Green Beans, Carrots, Squash, Peas, Carrots, Nectarines, Peaches, Apples, Pears, Plums and Pumpkin.
The best part is knowing that her baby food will only contain the real veggie or fruit nothing taken away or added to it. And I even tasted all of it as I went about pureeing and cooking.
And it will still be convenient, I have a few containers that when we need to go somewhere pop a frozen cube and it will thaw in no time.
I may just be going a little domestic on everyone. HA HA
For now though we are still working on Rice cereal, Mckenzie is having a hard time adjusting to not pushing everything out of her mouth....she will get it though.

2 comments:
It is beautiful! What inspired you to do this? I guess I've never wanted to take the time to do it, but the cost savings and health factored in make it seem so worth it!
your freeken amazing! I'm way impressed! Mckenzie is very lucky she has such a wonderful mommy!
Post a Comment