Monday, August 03, 2009


Mckenzie went in for a routine 4 month visit to the Pediatrician, received the routine immunizations and this is what we encountered only a few hours later. She reacted to something, they are not sure what. We have an appointment on August 5 with the allergist to see what if anything she is allergic too. I hope and pray it is just an isolated incident...hmmmm She was miserable. irritable, fussy. This was at the beginning of the reaction, it continued to get worse until she was covered. She even had hives between her toes and all over her head. A visit back to the pediatrician, a prescription, and 5 doses later she started to recover! Little interesting fact, she has to have an incident report written and turned into the government.....never knew that. We had 3 pediatricians in looking at her apparently reactions don't happen often and they all wanted a look.
I am just glad as of now she is rash free =)

6 comments:

Keri said...

Poor thing! I'm glad she's okay & hope you find out what she's allergic to...or better yet, that she's not allergic at all.

Teresa said...

Scary- glad she is doing better- I hope she didn't get a bad batch- I would really question them on why they needed the incident report.

heidi said...

oh sad, that looks like no fun at all!

Kara said...

Oh my gosh! How scary. THey always give you all that reading material on what could happen but I never even read it! Guess I will now. Hope all is well now

Libby said...

That doesn't look like fun at all. Hopefully all is better now. I would question the incident report too. But hey it's the government we are dealing with? Who know's what their putting in that stuff. Hopefully the allergist will get you some answers.

Hillman Family said...

YUCK!! Let us know how it turns out.