Friday, November 30, 2007

Firestation

Took a Field trip today to the fire station. The kids loved it and the firefighter that took us around was so good with all the kids. So patient I think he was asked "why" a million times and also "whats in there" They got to see a fireman come down the pole which they thought was cool. They even got to go up and see where the firemen eat and sleep. Got to sit in each of the 4 firetrucks and checked out the back of both ambulances. They came home with a coloring book and a pencil for each child. Call up your local fire station and go it is a fun place to reinforce fire safety and what to do and helps them feel more comfortable with the firefighters.



4 comments:

Kory Jane said...

How cute!! I bet the kids would love that. I might have to call up our little fire department here in Coweta. You are so good about posting and pictures. You inspire me!!!

Keri said...

Wow, great idea. It looks like your kids loved it! The firefighter sounds like he gave a great tour, too.

Anonymous said...

like your new web look...

Rolyndia said...

What a great idea. The kids would love to go to the Fire Station. I will have to look into it here and see what we can do. Nolan was so excited to see the fire trucks and that Madison as "driving", LOL!!