Friday, August 24, 2007

The long long days!

The past week has been nothing but,

HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT
HUMID HUMID HUMID HUMID
STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY
RAINY RAINY RAINY RAINY

We are getting a little tired of being so hot and irritable and the kids are tired of being inside, air quality = stinks!

The things we do love
ICE COLD WATER
Annie and Garrett love to play with ice cubes!
A COLD BATH AT NIGHT
SITTING UNDER THE FAN
POPSICLES!!!!!
SITTING IN THE HOUSE WITH THE LIGHTS OFF!

There is an end or so they say but I am not seeing it. As I sit her around midnight, too hot to sleep, the temperature still reads 81 degrees with humidity levels in the 90's! The schools are closing early and one school district has already used their extra days and school is 2 weeks in! The rec centers and pools are staying open later. You can even go to the fire stations and police stations!
I just needed to vent but tonight both kids are in our room asleep on the floor with the window unit and the door closed so hopefully the room will cool and I can sleep!
And too Janae and Doug I am sure the weather will be better when you get here!

7 comments:

Libby said...

Doesn't sound like fun. So does this mean where you are at you are not underwater like other parts of Ohio? Try to keep cool. It's been hot here this week too, but at least we don't have that awful humidity.

Teresa said...

I was wondering about the same things as John...hope it gets cooler soon.

Janae said...

I'm sorry to hear it's so humid! It has been SOOO nice here in Rexburg--not the typical August. Cooler temps in the 70s, nice breeze but not too windy. I hope it will be better when we're there, but that's only less than 2 weeks away so we'll see.

Thanks for the ideas for Aubrey. They've already helped.

heidi said...

i'm sorry it's so awefull. hope it gets better soon

Keri said...

Diantha,I've stopped in on your blog a few times & thought I'd let you know I'm reading. Not sure if you remember me from Idaho...but I remember you. Your kids are so cute! I hope the weather cools down for you! Oh, and where in WI are you from? Just curious.

Anonymous said...

And I want to live back east??? jk.. umm... I don't like being hot and I don't like being sticky wet and never feel dry...

Lisa Brown said...

I am so sorry about the weather - it is the same that we have in Savannah. I don't know what I'd do without AC in our apartment though, since it makes it so you don't even notice the weather unless you step outside. I feel for you though. Hopefully there is an end in sight.