Tuesday, October 13, 2009

A Love/Hate Relationship




Oh leaves you are so beautiful your changing colors, the different shapes and sizes.
The noise you make against the sidewalk in the breeze.
The giggles and grins of the neighborhood children building a pile and then jumping in.
The beautiful pictures that you produce.
The change in seasons and temperature you bring about.

Oh but leaves how I come to really really dislike you when every time I open the door the leaves come flying in.
How a 6 month old can find you no matter how many times I pick up your partners in crime.
When it rains you stick to everything and when you come in the house wet I don't stand a chance.
Then I remember the real reason the raking and raking and raking that you produce.
And when we get you all raked up, the wind will inevitably blow and all the neighbors leaves will come billowing in!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Teresa said...

I hear you on the leaves....at least you have pretty leaves there =)
Love you fall pictures.

Rolyndia said...

Your kids are getting so big! Where has the time gone?

Libby said...

I am glad we don't have many leaves to contend with. But I would like to have some for decorations sometimes.