Monday, June 15, 2009

Its Going to be a night to remember


I know I know I am way behind.....

A few weeks ago we took Madison to see the production of High School Musical at LaComedia dinner theater in Dayton. A date night with mom and dad and Madison and little Miss Mckenzie too. The night started out just as normal as can be...the dinner was delicious they have a sweet potato dish that is outstanding. Madison was so excited to be there and to get to see a real show. We get to our table and there is a balloon there for her, she thought she was so special. She could hardly wait for the show to start. On to dinner and then right before the show they brought out a cake and candles to wish Madison a Happy Birthday, she loved it and kept thanking our server for the cake.

We made it to intermission and they brought her out a cookies and cream milkshake. We did all the intermission things and then the show began again. 20 minutes later we can hear rain and thunder and lightning. It was coming down and hard. No big deal right, that is until we are sitting there and I start to hear something over all the music playing(and it was loud). I looked at Dave and he looked at me and we both knew what the noise was....TORNADO SIRENS. Are you kidding me, we are on a date here with our cute daughters! They stop the show we have to exit to the hallway or the bathrooms. There were kids crying and they all looked completely terrified by the whole ordeal, all Madison kept saying was, "I don't want to do a tornado drill". Honey this is no drill I kept telling her. The sirens went off we went back in to resume the show and as soon as we get seated and ready the sirens go off again. Oh this is more than some of the kids can handle, the looks were more than terrified at this point, but really do you blame them.
After about a half hour of this we were finally able to resume the show.
We found out that a tornado touched down, down the street by the golf course. Wow that is close, too close.
Madison is convince she does not want to do anymore tornado drills. With everything that went on the audience did a great job and the owners and managers did great getting everyone where they needed to be.
We love our little girl and can't believe how grown up she is getting to be.
She was so impressed by the show and was even talking about wanting to get on stage and perform. Who knows. She wants to go and see more and I am excited to take her and give her opportunities to see all types of shows on stage!

4 comments:

Teresa said...

What a sweet night- but Holy Cow- that is crazy! Glad everything turned out okay.

Kevin and Tiffany Hanson said...

WOW...can't say that is something I have ever experienced...or really care to experience. Glad you're safe and still had a great time!

Libby said...

I would have to say that I would've been pretty scared. I am glad we don't have tornado's here. Glad everything turned out ok.

Hillman Family said...

CRAZY!! Glad you're all ok. I bet Madison loved the show. What a fun idea for a date.