Garrett went to the
ENT today and will be getting his adenoids out on August 3rd. I am really not sure what the adenoid does and why it is there but the doctor thinks the sleep issues will go away when they are taken out. He knows they are big but he won't know how big until they are out. We don't know what time, they go the
youngest patient first but it will be sometime in the early morning hours. The Surgeon was very good at explaining things and we have a wonderful children's hospital 30 minutes from here where it will take place. So til then we deal with the sleeping issues and know there is a end in sight!
5 comments:
Give a little hug for me, hope things go well.
Bummer...that's a wait until Aug...
all of our kids had them taken out and they were much better... even the running noses stop...
i didn't realize that he had the "sleep issue". I'm sorry! hope everything goes great. sounds like the same thing as Shannon's friend lisa (you can get to her blog from shannon's or mine under the friends and family link) she's talked about the fact that both of her children have had the surgery and her youngest just had it & she's SO greatful for it. In fact here is the link to the story, you may have already heard it, who knows. http://lisabrown.typepad.com/my_weblog/2007/05/sweet_little_su.html
Hope all goes well and I'm sure he will sleep better and no more snoring, they say it helps with the snoring.
Hi again Diantha :). It's Lisa, Shannon's sister-in-law. I was suprised when you said they were just doing the adenoids. I hope it solves it, becuase having two surgeries when you could do them both at once seems hard. However, my kids had both huge tonsils and adenoids, and so if they think the tonsils are small, maybe that's why?
Good luck again with everything. I spent the entire day at the hospital just holding my little boy - he was very scared and confused afterwards. And it actually made me feel better, just being there for him. Even though it is hard, it is all worth it though!!
Post a Comment