Wednesday, February 28, 2007

We are Alive and Well!

We made it!!!! What a long trip! we took 4 days to get out to Ohio....we had the spilt the last day up we just knew the kids couldn't handle another 12 hour day! So we started off Sunday morning and as you can tell I got to follow the truck for 1800 miles.....okay so I cheated and would go ahead, I would get bored looking at the back of the Budget truck.



See the beautiful trees and mountains.......no more of that. After about an hour of driving this is what the kids looked like....and this was at 9 in the morning my first thought after seeing this was these kids are never going to sleep when we stop at night! They surprised us and did really well at night and also helped they got up at their usual time of around 6:30am so we could get on the road and start the day.

We traveled through Idaho, Wyoming, Nebraska, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana and Ohio.....one of the funniest towns I remember seeing a sign for was a town by the name of "Normal".....so how normal do you think the people would lived there were? And yes, I know there are signs missing...it would either creep up on me or it was dark......I had to drive safely I was already tempting it with the pictures I did manage to take! No time to STOP! I have decided I don't know why people live in Wyoming and Nebraska there is absolutely NOTHING to look at!



We did take the time to stop at the "Worlds Largest Truck Stop" Located in Iowa. It was a fun little place....Madison and Garrett liked the big Semis they had inside the building, Garrett especially liked the one that flashed bright lights....Madison liked the one that was painted on. In Iowa we also saw tractors stacked on top of one another, one that looked like a clock....sorry no pictures, we drove by at 70 miles an hour!

Madison liked the idea of riding in the big truck and than about 30 minutes to an hour later she was ready to get back in with mom. Maybe because I had the movies?

Madison misses all her friends and thinks that we can go right over and see them, she also thinks they are all coming to her birthday which she will tell you....."on a June Day" We have tried to teach her on the 4th of June but it is not working.

So we are hear and hopefully we will start posting again more regularly....I will email out our new address for now.....if you don't get an email post a comment with your email address and I will get it too you.

We love everyone and we do miss all our great friends that we left in Idaho and everywhere.....please keep in touch!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

got your email ... thanks for letting me know you are safe.. but I did ask your father if you were doing okay... glad to see you posting again!

Teresa said...

Glad to see you are doing fine and got there safe. I can totally relate to the long drive, just did that with Sam.

heidi said...

happy to hear to had a good & safe trip & that you are safe and sound